- Ensure that care is assessed and planned in a way that promotes the principles of optimising quality of life and a strengths based approach, is consistent with evidence based practice and delivered and reviewed in accordance with agreed mental and physical healthcare and risk management policies
- Provide effective leadership and management to staff which promotes high performance standards both individually and as a team, in the achievement of Cornerstone’s objectives and priorities. Cornerstone’s success will be dependent on all managers playing an active role to make sure the existing areas of good employment practice are universally embedded within the organisation.
- Act as an expert practitioner with a particular emphasis on specialist care within the team offering support and guidance to the nursing team as appropriate and ensuring that all members of the team are actively engaged in delivering resident care in accordance with the agreed care plan.
- Act to ensure that the team provides a positive learning environment, and one that provides supervision and mentorship to both qualified and unqualified staff including students.
- Ensure the nursing team assess, plan, implement and evaluate individual care plans involving other relevant agencies as appropriate.
- Lead the team in the delivery of person-centred care ensuring that care is assessed and planned in a way that is consistent with evidence-based practice and delivered in accordance with agreed mental and physical healthcare and risk management policies.
- Undertake pre-admission assessments and feedback to referrals and placement team as appropriate. Take responsibility for the planning for new admissions.
- Ensure all current and newly referred individuals are properly assessed and that high quality, person-centred support is provided throughout.
- To act as an expert practitioner within the team offering support and guidance to team colleagues as appropriate.
- To provide nursing leadership to the team ensuring that all junior staff and learners are actively engaged in delivering resident care in accordance with the agreed plan of care.
- Liaise with external professionals, individuals and families as required to ensure that the needs of the residents are reviewed regularly and plans developed so that we continue to meet their changing needs. To lead on meetings with commissioner and other relevant stakeholders.
- Work closely with the full team including Compliance and Quality; Training and Development and HR to ensure all staff are meeting the standards and level of service required of Cornerstone Healthcare. To be apart of the Governance Committee overseeing clinical practice including audits, training and safeguarding incidents.
- To ensure there are regular opportunities to review best practice and take a lead in ensuring that this is embedded in the day to day practice of the team.
- To have immediate line management of Clinical responsibility for the Registered Nurses and through them all healthcare assistants.
- To implement a reasonable staffing level based on resident dependency levels and ensure these levels are met on all shifts.
- To ensure the service always has the right number of skill mix of staff.
- To be involved with the recruitment, selection and deployment of staff.
- To identify and address poor performance in line with organisational policy
- Manage and support staff in line with Cornerstone standards and procedures, including supervision, appraisals, absence management, disciplinary and grievance issues.
- Promote and support effective team working through good communication systems and regular team meetings.
- Line manage all clinical staff and ensuring that the services are of a standard which meet and exceed standards set by regulatory bodies, including the CQC Standards (KLOE), NICE standards, NMC guidelines and other contractual obligations. that all policies and procedures are strictly adhered to.
- Participate in the On-Call system on a rota.
- To undertake investigations in line with relevant organisational policy e.g. complaints, critical incidents, safeguarding, CQC notifications and HR investigations.
- To deputise for the General Manager as required and lead on agreed areas of work for both the team and wider area.
- To ensure effective communication with residents, relatives and carers, visitors, staff and others, developing measures to improve barriers where these exist.
Do you have what it takes?
Our reputation means everything to us, and this is entirely built on the work done by every single person working with us. We are looking for people who want to be proud of the service they are providing and will help us to be the best at what we do.
You’ll need stamina, patience, team spirit and to have a sincere interest in working with people who need your help and support.
Essential: Must have previous experience and be RGN or RMN qualified