You will be required to ensure that the learning and development functions operate effectively on a day to day basis through effective management of resources and learning and development systems. You’ll be responsible for the development and implementation of strategic objectives, providing feedback to ensure compliance and continuous development. You will need to engage collaboratively with managers to achieve learning and development performance to meet regulatory and mandatory requirements.
- Responsible for the production of the annual company training calendars. Identifying learning and development needs to meet regulatory requirements, through business planning, appraisal schemes and in line with budgetary constraints. Working closely with managers to solve specific training on an ad hoc basis, either on a one-to-one basis or in group training.
- Provide advice and guidance to managers on learning and development needs and regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for identifying, developing and facilitating appropriate learning and development solutions to address organisational needs and meet the needs of the business.
- Oversee the Apprenticeship Levey to ensure we fully utilise it.
- Working in close collaboration with the General Manager Quality and Compliance, HR Manager and the General Managers to ensure the leadership development programme(s) meets the current and future needs of the business.
- Commission cost effective methods of learning and development delivery to meet regulatory requirements and the needs of the Company.
- To develop and maintain collaborative and productive relationships with Managers, colleagues and peers, establishing professional credibility.
- Appoint, quality assure and manage contracts with external consultant trainers and training providers.
- Liaise with external venues and hotels to source and commission appropriate cost-effective training venues and accommodation within budgetary constraints
- Responsible for establishing, promoting and maintaining good working relationships with all external consultants, venue and accommodation providers and colleges
- Monitor each services compliance with mandatory training, identifying individual employee requirements. Provide a monthly report to all managers highlighting compliancy requirements and action required. Report on a monthly basis on mandatory training and qualifications to the Senior Management Group.
- To line manage the training officer, allocating and overseeing workloads and conducting supervisions and appraisals. Ensuring maintenance of comprehensive learning and development training records in accordance with the Company training records system.
- Issue and monitor training agreements in line with the Company training policy, ensuring that any employee who leaves the organisation under the terms of a training agreement repays the outstanding balance. Notify the employee and liaise with Payroll on the recovery of outstanding monies.
- Responsible for designing, updating and monitoring of induction materials in all areas of the business.
- To maintain and update computerised learning and development information systems ensuring the accurate recording of employee and establishment information.
- To produce and update policies and procedures in line with legislative changes
- Produce, design and develop training materials for in-house courses. Contribute to programme design and construction in liaison with consultant trainers to achieve a blended approach to learning.
- Manage the evaluation of all learning and development activities to ensure return on investment. Evaluating the impact on staff knowledge and practice following learning and development delivery. Amending and revising learning and development programmes as necessary, to adapt to changes occurring in the work environment and ensuring continuous improvement.
- Manage and be accountable for the corporate training budget for all learning activity, materials and ad hoc requirements.
- To work in a way consistent with the principles of equal opportunity and anti-discriminatory practice.
- To undertake other related duties as requested, from time to time, by the General Manager Quality and Compliance.
Do you have what it takes?
Our reputation means everything to us, and this is entirely built on the work done by every single person working with us. We are looking for people who want to be proud of the service they are providing and will help us to be the best at what we do.