Duties and responsibilities
- Carry out skilled DIY and general maintenance work, both internal and external, ensuring external grounds are kept clean and tidy.
- General DIY and maintenance duties including basic carpentry, plumbing, replacement of tiling and flooring, and painting and decorating.
- This also includes regular checks and assessments of all areas of the property, liaising with domestic, assistance, housekeeping and care staff, performing jobs as and when they are required. Completing emergency works with the focus on Health and Safety at all times.
- Installations, inspections, diagnosing faults, testing, replacement, repair and maintenance of building, fixtures and fittings.
- General plumbing including washers, taps, unblocking toilets, unblocking stacks.
- Basic carpentry such as new locks, architrave, boxing in, assembling furniture.
- Replacing handles and similar hardware easing and adjusting windows and maintaining restrictors.
- General tiling – floors and walls.
- General painting & decorating, internal and external.
- Basic electrical maintenance such as changing light bulbs, fuses and sockets.
- Identify hazards – defects and the need for adjustment or repair; to ensure compliance with agreed codes, law, working practices and health and safety.
- Liaising with domestic assistants/housekeeping/care staff and performing jobs as and when they are required.
- Carry out planned tasks in accordance with agreed timeframes/requirements.
- Carry out tasks within agreed time limits.
- Ensure compliance to agreed codes, legislation, and procedures including health and safety.
- Maintain accurate records/documentation associated with your work.
- Adhere to all organisation policies and procedures.
- To be part of the Out of Hours On call Rota, responding to all emergencies across the services.
If you’ve got experience in plumbing, carpentry and basic electrical knowledge and enjoy working in a team, then we want to hear from you! Apply with your CV or contact Lydia Bennett, our Internal Recruiter.