Duties and responsibilities
Carry out skilled DIY and general maintenance work, both internal and external, ensuring external grounds are kept clean and tidy.
The role includes general DIY and maintenance including basic carpentry, plumbing, replacement of tiling and flooring, and painting and decorating.
This also includes regular checks and assessments of all areas of the property, liaising with domestic, assistance, housekeeping and care staff, performing jobs as and when they are required. Completing emergency works with the focus on Health and Safety at all times.
- Installations, inspections, diagnosing faults, testing, replacement, repair and maintenance of building, fixtures and fittings.
- General plumbing including washers, taps, unblocking toilets, unblocking stacks.
- Basic carpentry such as new locks, architrave, boxing in, assembling furniture.
- Replacing handles and similar hardware easing and adjusting windows and maintaining restrictors.
- General tiling – floors and walls.
- General painting & decorating, internal and external.
- Basic electrical maintenance such as changing light bulbs, fuses and sockets.
- Identify hazards – defects and the need for adjustment or repair; to ensure compliance with agreed codes, law, working practices and health and safety.
- Liaising with domestic assistants/housekeeping/care staff and performing jobs as and when they are required.
- Carry out planned tasks in accordance with agreed timeframes/requirements.
- Carry out tasks within agreed time limits.
- Ensure compliance to agreed codes, legislation, and procedures including health and safety.
- Maintain accurate records/documentation associated with your work.
- Adhere to all organisation policies and procedures.
- To be part of the Out of Hours On call Rota, responding to all emergencies across the services.
Report to Line Manager
- Immediately report problems/failures that may impact on the organisation and/or to its residents/staff/visitors to the Line Manager.
- Meet your individual targets and contribute to those of the team as a whole.
- You will be expected to maintain the safety of residents and the homes by: Ensuring there is monthly nurse call system checks and ensuring all reported nurse call faults are addressed without delays. All checks and faults to be documented.
- Ensuring water temperatures in the home are checked for safety monthly (all rooms) and flushing of vacant rooms. All checks and faults to be documented.
- Ensuring fire alarm is tested every week and a record is maintained. Ensuring emergency lights are tested monthly. All to be documented and signed off and faults need to be rectified asap.
- Ensuring wheelchairs are checked for safety every week. All documents to be signed and dated and findings actioned.
- Ensuring beds and bedrails are checked every month.
- Ensuring all rooms are audited every month and any identified faults are repaired within a reasonable timescale.
- Complete resident of the day checks, and any issues raised fixed within that audit.
- Ensuring all H&S issues sorted, any residents’ pictures, belongings have been actioned.
- From time to time, you may be expected to be part of special projects as are reasonably required of your job role.
- You are responsible for your allocated workload and must meet all targets as agreed with your Line Manager. You must contribute towards the smooth running of Cornerstone Healthcare Group Homes generally.