Regional Manager vacancy in Hampshire
We are recruiting a Regional Manager to ensure compliant, safe and effective operation of all homes in the allocated area. To work with the site General Managers in ensuring all aspects of the service meet legislative, regulatory, company and good practice standards. This is an exciting opportunity to join the expanding, leading specialist care home provider Cornerstone Healthcare based in Hampshire.
Location and hours
The working hours are 40 hours per week Monday to Friday, but there is an expectation that the post holder will work flexible hours to accommodate the demands of the job.
About the role
Management and leadership
- To lead and manage the General Managers within the region, providing clear direction and support. Line management responsibility for these roles.
- Supervise and appraise the General Managers ensuring targets are set and achieved. Ensure effective staff supervision and performance management systems are operated consistently within your region.
- To be a role model for Managers and employees by practising and promoting the vision and values of the company. Demonstrate best practice in leadership and management and coach and mentor Managers to support their development of best practice skills.
- Responsible for the delivery of the strategic agenda within the designated region and action within the services.
- To attend working groups as and when required. To ensure the delivery and implementation of any recommendations from the working groups within the region within the agreed timescale.
- To support the General Managers with the annual business planning. Monitor and review progress at regular intervals to ensure all services are on target to achieve their business planning and budget annual targets.
- Ensure the production of regular management information and ad hoc reports as required by the Group Chief Operating Officer or Board of Directors. Monitor performance and KPI criteria and support the individual Manager where performance criteria are falling short of targets to put in place a plan of action.
- To investigate incidents, complaints or allegations in line with established procedures. Chair disciplinary/grievance panels and if necessary, represent the company at Employment Tribunals should the need arise.
- To ensure the highest standards of care across their designated region, ensuring company standards, policies and procedures are applied and operated in a comprehensive and consistent manner.
- To ensure the delivery of person-centred integrated care using Cornerstone Care Model to improve outcomes.
- To work in partnership to support General Managers and Clinical Governance General Manager to achieve and sustain high regulatory ratings across all services within the region.
- To ensure actions from internal audits and regulatory visits are actioned promptly, taking the appropriate action and that there is evidence to identify the action/improvement made. Collate and disseminate information from inspections and audits to support the development of services throughout the region.
- To ensure Managers fulfil their responsibilities under all relevant legislation particularly safeguarding and Health & Safety to provide a safe living environment and working practices for all. Ensure Managers operate effective systems and recording requirements to satisfy their corporate responsibilities.
- To ensure that all General Managers within the designated region provide all relevant weekly and monthly management data and KPIs within agreed timescales and use these effectively to drive improvements.
- To support the Group Chief Operating Officer, to fully integrate the services, supporting with change management projects and implementation of new systems across all services in the designated region. To ensure all new processes and systems become embedded into practice.
- To support the Group Chief Operating Officer General Manager Clinical Governance and HR Manager with cost reduction strategies to ensure the services operate efficiently.
- To assist in the due diligence process (when required) relating to any potential acquisitions. To take on a key role in the subsequent integration of the new services into the region.
- Ensure services work within safe staffing levels and budgets and that Managers deploy their staff effectively to meet the needs of the service, without compromising on the quality of the service delivered.
- To work closely with Marketing to promote the services at relevant events, conferences, exhibitions, promotional campaigns etc. and to represent the company at professional or trade association meetings.
- Work in close collaboration with the Business Development Manager to ensure that all suitable referrals to the region are dealt with in a timely and professional manner. To ensure General Managers have sufficient authority to accept, refuse and terminate placements in line with the company admission criteria and the best interests of their services.
- Support General Managers to operate services within agreed occupancy and fee levels. Monitor and evaluate the profile of placements and identify potential placement end dates (age and duration) to identify periods of reduced placement numbers in order that forthcoming vacancies can be marketed in advance to maintain occupancy. Provide regular reports to the Group Chief Operating Officer
- There is a requirement to cover the 24 hour on call support locally and across the services on a rota basis.
- To carry out any other appropriate duties as directed by the Group Chief Operating Officer or Exec Directors.
Do you have what it takes?
Our reputation means everything to us, and this is entirely built on the work done by every single person working with us. We are looking for people who want to be proud of the service they are providing and will help us to be the best at what we do.
Apply now or Register your interest
If you think you have what it takes, then complete the form below for a full job description or an informal conversation…
For more information about any of our roles, you can call us between 8am and 8pm on 0333 444 0936