Cornerstone Healthcare is a care provider with specialist nursing homes in Hampshire focused solely on caring for people with complex neurodegenerative and mental health needs. We support residents whose needs are so complex, that they’ve often experienced placement breakdown in previous facilities. We’re absolutely committed to ensuring an excellent quality of life for of our residents here. We’ve now been named the best ‘Complex care provider’ in the UK in 2020!
Reporting to the General Manager, the Support Service Manager will be responsible for delivering site services facilities and associated contracts across the service, ensuring that the service is legal and compliant with all statutory and regulatory requirements.
The successful candidate will ensure all supplies are available to the service including catering, housekeeping, maintenance and office supplies.
Responsibilities and Duties
- To work closely with the Property Manager and the maintenance and catering teams to ensure that safe working practises are adhered to
- Manage budget through the appropriate liaison with Finance through the company purchase order system.
- Understanding of the principles of Health & Safety. Knowledge of systems and processes i.e. Manual Handling, Infection Control, COSHH, Responsible for the management of COSHH data sheets and ensuring an up-to-date record is kept Fire Safety
- Takes responsibility for a safe working environment for self, colleagues, visitors and the people who use the service
- Evaluate and apply measures to check the safety of equipment
- Identify potential problem areas and take remedial steps
- To control expenses and costs of equipment and resources
- Ensure quality systems are implemented and monitored
- Assist with the implementation and control of risk identification and management
- Participate in the On-Call system on a rota.
- Degree in Business administration or similar
- Previous experience of managing office services and staff members
- Awareness of Health and Safety processes
- Understands and manages compliance issues relating to running the service to ensure the service is covered at all times
- Effective problem-solving capabilities
- Methodical approach and an empathetic nature.
This is a great opportunity for an experience Support Service Manager to join an organisation at an exciting time of growth. Please apply directly with your CV for more information.